Saturday, July 11, 2009

We have relatives!!!

I guess I get to stop whining about not having any family around. I've had more family lately than I know what to do with...and it's been great. It's been nice the last few years having 2 siblings in Boise, and this month we added one more. Kirstin and Fred have lived in North Carolina for almost 7 years and they have finally moved this way. They were here visiting last week with the kids, something that I expect will be happening with much more regularity now. Siri is the only one of my kids who really has cousins her age, at least on my side of the family, and she knows Alex and Riley pretty well. I'm glad she's getting the chance to know Ashton, Rori, Gage, and Jaxson better too.





Those kids, especially Siri, Ashton, and Rori spent most of the night up in the tree. Gage sure wanted to be a big kid too.

We also had another surprise visit from Devin's Grandparents. It's always nice when they are here. It's fun for all the kids since they are so good to them all. It's fun for my kids to get to be with Devin's sisters too.

Siri just loves Jade and Sierra. She once tried to get me to tell me what their relationship was to her. I couldn't quite get her to understand that there really isn't a word for it. Autumn calls Dave her step dad and the girls her stepsisters but that didn't quite seem right. She tried cousin, but that's not quite right either. We discussed the fact that they are all Devin's half sisters - making them quarter sisters? But we don't speak in terms of half siblings in our family. She finally accepted that they are her good friends.


This was the group that hung out all week. I'm thinking Grandma and Grandpa must be exhausted by now, not used to so many kids running around. We are so lucky to have such a great extended family.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had a great couple of weeks with your family. I bet it's fun for Devin to see his Grandparents. They seem to be wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete