Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Student Lead Conference

Today I had my first of 12 student lead conferences. What, you may ask, in the he** is that? Let me tell you. It's a chance for all the high school kids to be out of school for the whole day and parents to take off work so our kids can dress up, take us to the school, and tell us what they want to be when they grow up. Excuse me??? Am I missing something??? Today I had to leave 2 of my kids at home (I was lucky enough to get mine scheduled after work - I'm sure most parents were not so luck) and go to the school with Autumn. There she told me that she wants to go to college and be a doctor. Duh. She also told me what her goals are and what she needs to do to graduate. I've learned that and more just by interacting with my child. It seems that people who need to go to a mandatory conference at the school just to learn these things about their kids have bigger problems to worry about and probably didn't care very much about the experience anyway. So again I ask...am I missing something?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the big pain in the butt called TRIBE. I have yet to meet a parent or a high schooler who liked it. LOTS and LOTS of BUSY work.

    ReplyDelete