Friday, May 29, 2009

Sister Trip to Vegas

In January (or February, who can remember that long?) we got the call. My cousin Barbara was getting married. This was cause for much rejoicing for Aunt Helen because, well, it's Barbara's turn. I talked to my sisters and we decided that this wedding was one we needed to support. It didn't hurt that it was in Las Vegas. So Mother's Day weekend we all met up together. It was soooooooo much fun. I love hanging out with my sisters! We walked around doing the tourist thing, had a spa day, layed out by the pool and did all the "normal" things but we also had to do some things that are more typical for the Holzendorf girls. Yep. I'm talkin about FOOD. We spent hours wandering around a fantastic International Market checking out foods from different countries. We had all left our suitcases half empty so we could bring back foods from the market. So much fun. The other main activity was Buffet Challenge 2009, which I'm sorry (or maybe glad) to say I lost miserably. What is that you ask? Just what it sounds like. 3 hours a night at the buffet and the first one to cry uncle looses. UNCLE!

This was us at the wedding reception. That is, after all, the reason for the trip (wink, wink). It was about 98 degrees which caused a lot of complaints - but not from me. I loved every minute.

I don't know these people at all but I thought it was funny. The mom told the kid to go put his feet in the pool. So he did. She never said to take off his shoes. Maybe it's not funny to anyone else but I was cracking up.

Here are the cousins. Well, the ones that made it. From left to right: Me, Barbara - she's the one in white :) - David, Stan, Bonnie, Kirstin, and Kathy. David is Barbara's brother and walked her down the aisle. He kind of got the worse hot weather outfit. It's even warmer than the wedding dress. The things we do for the people we love.


I don't know these people either. We were leaving Serendipity where we had just had a fantastic lunch of Black and Blue Burger (black pepper bacon and blue cheese YUMMO!) and sweet potato fries when we saw this LOVELY wedding party on the street. We were laughing so hard I almost peed my pants. I wish you could see it better. It's not just hot pink, it's hot pink and green. That's Vegas for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment