Monday, May 25, 2009

2009 BYU Women's Conference

Well, we did it again. For the third year in a row a group of us went to BYU Women's Conference. It's great fun. So far Shannon, Stefani, JaNae and I have gone every year. This year we had a welcome addition in Sarah.

These are the ladies I went with from left to right is Shannon Van Horn, Sarah Moody, Stefani Hansen, and JaNae Briggs.

The first day of classes we went to some random class first so we would be in the room for the second class. It was on valuing yourself for other than looks. At least that was the gist. I don't remember the exact title. One of the teachers was Pamela Hansen, author of Running with Angels. Stefani (no relation, just the same last name) is a huge fan of the book and of Pamela. She was excited to get to meet her. They spoke together for quite a while so that was fun.

The second day of classes some of us skipped the opening session and just hung out in the Smith Field House. There were 2 classes we wanted to go to there that day so we wanted good seats. The first session had John Bytheway. He spoke about using technology to better communicate with our kids. I loved it because instead of telling us to unplug, he told us to plug in because our kids are plugged it. We were even told to get a facebook account. I'm not lying. He said it. How can we monitor them online etc if we aren't there? I AGREE! The main reason I wanted to go to that was because Devin is a huge fan. He wanted at picture and autograph and I was determined to get them for him. I look quite goofy in the picture but here it is. I think it's from sitting so long in the field house but that's probably just an excuse.

Here's Sarah talking on the phone. I can only imagine she's so happy because after all those hours in the field house she was happy for the diversion.


On Saturday we braved the swine flu to go to Park City. Park City was in the plan from the beginning. Then we got to Utah and heard on the news that there were suspected cases up there. They cancelled school and church. Remember that one week when we first heard about the swine flu and everyone was a little hyper about it? It was that week. But, we figured (or at least I did) that if we were going to be exposed it would have happened at the conference. We spent most of the day at the outlet mall. Shannon and I had never seen an M&M machine. Maybe they're a common sight and we're just lame but really, it's a good idea. What's better than M&M's?
This is the haul for the day. See that teeny tiny bag up front? That's mine. Ha Ha.


Can't be in Park City without going to the Olympic park. As you can see I was victorious. What can I say? I have skills.


HURRAY!!!!

2 comments: