Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Siri



Siri turned 8 today. She is a perfect example of the Primary Song."I like my birthdays, everyone; Each brings a greater joy to me. But I can't wait until I'm eight; For then I'll be baptized. you see." (Children's Songbook pg. 104). She's been waiting for this since I don't know when. Of course, there are other perks. She now gets to have sleepovers. Since her birthday is on a holiday we thought last night would be the perfect time to have her first sleepover party. I told her she could invite 3-4 friends. After much turmoil and angst we somehow settled of 5. Megan H., Heidi H., MaKinna V., Maddie B., and Kaitlin N. She'd have had 50 if I would have let her. She sure loves her friends. She was upset that I wouldn't let her invite Porter. I swear it wasn't personal. I'm just not so into the co-ed sleepover trend. Call me old fashioned.


Here they are eating pizza. Doesn't look like so many. Then where did all the noise come from?




Costco cake of course.




Heidi gave her a Happy birthday hat shaped like a cake with candles to boot. How funny is that?




Siri with Wormie.
For good measure so we can see how much she's grown.

2 comments:

  1. MaKinna had a great time. Siri is getting so big. I remember when you told me you were pregnant with her, I was 8 months pregnant with MaKinna! Time seems to be going faster and faster. It is sometimes hard to keep up. Siri is such a sweet girl; MaKinna and Porter lover her to death! Happy #8 Siri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Siri!! I am so glad you both survived the slumber party!!

    ReplyDelete