Thursday, October 30, 2008

First H.S. Concert


Autumn had her first String Ensemble concert tonight. Actually, the whole music program had a concert. For all of you with 5th grade or even middle school musician, it gets better. They sounded great and I love seeing them all in "concert black." I wish the picture showed a little better how beautiful her dress is. I was a little surprised, though, that people who have had kids in music for so long would clap at the wrong time. It only happened once but still, even I know that if the conductors arms are still up the song isn't over. Oh well. It was a great concert. I love listening now that she is in a more advanced group. Although the commitment also goes up. She will be starting Symphony Orchestra next month and that's on Tuesday nights. Of all of the groups that's my favorite though. I love the sound of the strings with the other instruments.

2 comments:

  1. She looks great! I wish Christian would have stuck it out with the violin. I bet she is getting pretty good. I'd like to hear her in Sacrament meeting sometime. Is she too shy for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to say, once again, what a beautiful young woman Autumn is becoming. It seems like just the other day she was one of my Activity Days girls and now look at her! And she plays the violin? Beauty and talent...watch out, Keolani!

    ReplyDelete