Friday, October 24, 2008

She loves me. She really loves me.

Siri has had her dad wrapped around her little finger since before she was born. They're the greatest of buddies. He has a hard time getting her to understand that he has things to do on the weekend besides hang out with her. When she was little and had an owie or was sick it was her dad that she wanted. I guess somewhere along the line that started to change and I never noticed. Last night when she had a bad dream it was me she came to. Once I thought about it I realized it's been that way for a while. Nice to know I'm needed. Which brings me to my sleep problems. Disclaimer: I'm about to whine. It's not my fault. It's the sleep deprivation speaking. Lately it seems like I have the worst time falling asleep and staying that way. If I don't fall asleep within the first couple of minutes or if I wake up in the night I'm toast. Game over. Might as well get up and shower. Well, as much as I missed Rob while he was gone I slept like a baby. I figured out what my problem has been. It's the noise. People make a lot of noise when they sleep. How do you guys deal with it? I don't want to go with earplug because, beside the ouch factor, what if Siri has another bad dream, or the smoke detector goes off. Is this something other people deal with or is my beloved particularly loud? I'm not just talking snoring here. It's everything: rolling over, mumbling... Am I alone here? I need to sleep!! Moving to the couch helped me sleep last night but it seems like that could be the marital kiss of death. Not worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick doesn't really make that much noise, but he wiggles his feet when he's trying to get to sleep...which shakes the bed. I on the other hand have been told more then once (by Patrick) that I talk in my sleep, waking HIM up. MaKinna talks in her sleep too and she wakes me up from clear down the hall. Ear plugs would suck, but if that's what it takes to get a good nights sleep, you might have to, good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete