Saturday, October 4, 2008

Go Mad Monkeys! Coach Rob Rocks!

So, Rob decided to try his hand at coaching Siri's soccer team this year. I thought that was pretty brave since neither of us have ever really been soccer people. I'm pretty sure we don't even know the rules of the game. Also, since that girl came into the world with her daddy wrapped around her little finger I wasn't at all sure how this would work out. I was prepared to defend him to the other parents though.
Well, I missed two games in a row and when I went to todays game it was like watching different team. I was so pleased to see how he has gotten the girls to pass and dribble. They were out there shouting "I'm open" and all those other things we had seen the other teams do. Of course, I'm the wife so I'm slightly biased.
Then the other moms started telling me how happy they are with the job he's doing. Turns out the like it when he makes their kids run a lap for not listening (phew). The best compliment I heard was when one mom said she wished Rob would teach her older daughters coach a few things. I was so proud of him. I know he loves it. He says he missed his calling. He's starting to wish he'd become a high school football coach or something.
Did we win the game? Heck no. But the girls are really starting to look like a soccer team instead of a swarm of bees running around after the ball.

3 comments:

  1. I bet Rob is a great coach! I am glad that he likes it. Porter's coach acts like he is being tortured. Don't get me wrong, I am glad it is him acting like he is being tortured instead of me doing it and pretending to have fun! LOL! Go Mad Monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO ROB and way to go Mad Monkey's. I love the name Mad Monkey's, it beats the heck out of Chandler's team the Flaming Chickens. Since when do we let the kids decide the team names?
    Maybe that is why we aren't doing too hot this year. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Coach Rob! Keep the posts coming, Keolani!

    ReplyDelete