Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This is my New Years.

I know a lot of people get really reflective on New Years. Me, not so much. It's just a day to recuperate from the night before and get my house back into pre-Christmas shape. Autumn's birthday is the day I get all reflective and spend time looking back to where I've been and how I got to where I am. This doesn't happen with the other kids bdays. It's just when I think back to that amazing day when my life quit being just about me. What a gift our children are. I'm so grateful for the chance I have been given to raise these people and to know how big of an influence I have on their lives. It really keeps me on my toes. My life changed forever the day I became a mother. I just remember being lost and not sure what my purpose is. I won't try to kid anyone into believing that everything changed the moment they handed my baby to me. I'll be the first to admit I didn't have the slightest idea what to do with her. But it didn't take long for me to know that I would do whatever I needed to and make whatever changes I needed to to make her life the best I knew how. I've made mistakes but I can honestly say that each of those mistakes were made with the best of intentions. I now know that one of my purposes is to be a mother to these children I have been blessed with.


Thank you, Autumn, for being such a great kid. Thanks for forgiving all my mistakes and just laughing along when it's clear to both of us that I have no idea what to do. Thank you for teaching me about love and sacrifice. I love you more than you will ever know. - Mom




Wow, we were both babies.
Yes, I did take a picture of the picture. Everyone knows I live in the techno dark ages. I'm afraid it gives Rob a headache.

1 comment:

  1. You look like you were about 15 in that picture. Your oldest's birthday is always a good time to reflect on life. I always think back to where I was in life when Christian was born, how far we've come, and to the future...like how much time I have left with him...how many more Christmas' until his mission, etc.

    ReplyDelete