Thursday, October 23, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

The doorbell rang this afternoon about 4:30 and SURPRISE it was Amelia, Devin's grandma. All my kids love her so much and she is so good to my girls. She lives in Virginia and doesn't make it out here nearly as much as she would like. She wanted to come out this summer but there were problems with her mother and she wasn't able to make it. The kids were so excited and definitely shocked. When she's here it's also a good time for Devin to see his other sisters, Jade and Sierra. With his dad out of the country so much there aren't very many chances for them to get together. Last time as a chance encounter at the park about a month ago and before that it was 4th of July. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that they are his sisters the same as Autumn and Siri are. He's always so happy to spend time with them. Siri will be glad to see them too. They are all such good friends. The one bad thing? She usually sees how we live when I'm expecting company. Today she saw dishes in the sink, floors that needed to be vacuumed (did I say needed? they still need) and even asked to use the bathroom.........

3 comments:

  1. Oh...the dreaded "can I use your bathroom"! It's not so bad if you were expecting company, but when you're not...anything goes! With 3 boys, you never know what you might find at my house! I am happy that Devin gets to see his Grandma and "other" sisters. It is nice that she would make a specail trip to see her grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Shannon! 3 boys + bathroom= disaster! Great for Devin though. I bet he was excited!

    ReplyDelete