Monday, October 20, 2008

Good news never comes while you're asleep

Last week I wrote all about how I was awaken from a peaceful sleep to learn about my new calling. Well, that was absolutely delightful compared to what woke me up today. Autumn, bless her, knocked politely on our door this morning at 6:20 a.m., waited for me to tell her to come in, and then proceeded to calmly inform me that the toilet was overflowing and water was everywhere. Just the "good morning" everyone wants...brown water all over the floor. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am for indoor plumbing but it seems like I get more than my share of ... um ... issues. Thank goodness it was today instead of tomorrow. Rob left today for a trip to California. While I was fixing the kids lunch he took care of the whole thing for me. He knows I just can't deal with that sort of thing and is always so great to take over.

2 comments:

  1. Yuck! Thank heavens for husbands! I hope the problem is solved. At least until Rob gets home. Yes, news at 6:00 is very rarely good news. Even if it were good news, the "goodness" deminishes if you have to wake up to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is NOT a good way to start the day...Thank goodness Rob was there to save the day. Hey why is he going to California? Let's hope for a better TODAY!

    ReplyDelete