Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So long for now

Soccer is over for the fall. The team we are supposed to play on Saturday asked us if we could play them on a Thursday a couple of weeks ago so we played our last game on the 18th. It's a little bittersweet. Rob and Siri have really enjoyed it this year and it's getting funner to watch now that they have some skills. However, it will be nice not to have to deal with practice twice a week. We've been very spoiled not having very many kids and not having the ones we have in very many activities. Once school is over I usually have everyone home, with the addition of various neighborhood kids, until bed. I see what my friends go through every afternoon and realize I really like being in control of my own day. But I digress. We had a little get together for the team at Eatsa Pizza. I would suggest you not get seduced by the close proximity to the fields. That place is a little overpriced and gross. I would much rather have been next door at Pita Pit. But the kids had a great time. It was fun for them to just hang out with their new friends instead of being all business all the time. It'll be nice to see everyone again in the spring.

Goalie Siri


Mad Monkeys with Coach Boone and Coach Rob.
That would be Devin hijacking the picture in the back.

2 comments:

  1. We have 3 games left, then the jamboree for Hayden. I'll be glad when it's over...on to basketball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute team. I agree sometimes with the whole schedule thing...I think I am overbooked alot of the time! What can ya do?

    ReplyDelete